Kerry Logistics is committed to maintaining and improving the Wine Storage Management System (“WSMS”) for both fine wine and commercial wine by introducing the applicable best practices including the certification requirements and code of practice within HKQAA Wine Storage Management Systems. Our Deputy Chairman and Managing Director who is the management representative ensures the effective implementation and maintenance of the WSMS and establishes the performance measurement indicators for demonstrating the achievement of the defined objectives below.
It is the responsibility of every employee and contractor to adhere to this policy and reach our goals of the following:
- continually and effectively improving our performance in wine storage and delivery activities;
- complying with and surpassing standard certification requirements and code of practice within HKQAA Wine Storage Management Systems and all applicable legal requirements;
- promoting sound wine storage and delivery practices within the company and the industry;
- setting and reviewing the Wine Storage Management Plan and its objectives;
- identifying and minimizing the risks which may cause all kinds of loss and/or damage of the wine in store and in transit;
- preventing unauthorized access to the wine cellars and conveyance;
- establishing preventive maintenance program to minimize breakdowns of facility equipment and vehicles, disruptions to wine logistics services and power outage;
- minimizing adverse environmental impacts on wine including fluctuation in temperature and relative humidity, UV rays exposure and continuous vibration;
- enhancing WSMS awareness of colleagues and subcontractors,
- establishing contingency action plans for invocation in the event of power failure, mechanical breakdowns and other disruptions;
- employing competent staff and providing adequate competency training or education.
This policy has been approved by the Global Executive Committee and will be reviewed annually to ensure it is kept up to date. We welcome all interested parties to comment on the enforcement of the policy and the policy itself.