At Kerry Logistics conservation and continuous improvement of the environment is a priority. We strive to develop and operate an environmental management system that sets high standards on pollution prevention, resources preservation and legal compliance.
We expect every employee and contractor to adhere to this policy and help reach our goals by:
- continually and effectively improving our environmental performance;
- complying with and surpassing standards required by the applicable environmental ordinances;
- fulfilling all environmental requirements prescribed by the company;
- promoting sound environmental policies and practices within the company;
- setting and reviewing environmental objectives;
- conserving resources and maximizing energy efficiency;
- minimizing waste wherever practicable;
- reusing or recycling waste where appropriate and regulating the treatment and disposal of residual waste;
- reducing and preventing pollution where possible;
- minimizing vehicular emission of pollutants;
- minimizing adverse environmental impacts of asset decommissioning and disposal;
- enhancing environmental awareness of colleagues and contractors;
- advocating good environmental practices on both departmental and individual levels; and
- effectively communicating our environmental performance to stakeholders.
This policy has been approved by the Global Executive Committee. It will be reviewed, and if necessary revised, annually to keep up to date and will be released on our company website. We welcome interested parties’ comments on the enforcement of the policy and the policy itself.